Rates, Charges, and Conditions
- Out-of -own rates /mileage rates(outside of Volusia and Flagler Counties) will use mileage in the calculation of the rate, mileage is by the fastest route, to be determined by Tropical Transportation Services. No Exceptions.
- In-Town rates (within Volusia and Flagler Counties) will be calculated using a combination of hours and mileage.
- All hourly rates are quoted by the hour plus mileage and for “In-Town” only.
- All rates are subject to a surcharge on holidays, special events.
- A 20% non-refundable charge will be collected at the time of confirmed booking for services scheduled two weeks and beyond.
- Remaining 80% balance will be charged two weeks prior to scheduled services.
- A 100% non-refundable charge will be collected at the time of confirmed booking for services reserved within two weeks of scheduled services.
- No Cancellations Fee when reservations are canceled in writing (email) two weeks prior to the scheduled service date. 20% deposit is non-refundable.
- All cancellations not submitted in writing (e-mail) two weeks prior to the service date, the customer will be charged 100% of the fare. If a customer gives notice of cancellation within two weeks of the service date, and twenty-four hours prior to scheduled services, the customer will only be charged 75% of the fare.
- All prices and rates are subject to change without notice.
- If the vehicle was reserved for an in-town charter and is taken out of town (outside of Volusia or Flagler Counties) upon the customer’s request, the customer will be billed out of town mileage rates.
- Customer must be ready to depart at the pre-scheduled time, any delays of 15 minutes or more in the departure of the vehicle caused by the customer will result in a minimum charge of 30 minutes at the hourly rate being charged to the customer.
- Customer will be billed in full for the hours chartered even, if the customer’s use of the vehicle is less than the hours chartered.
Delivery Tip Policy
It is customary to pay a 20% tip to the driver for services rendered. Driver tip is always completely at your discretion and subject to your satisfaction with the driver’s service. Drivers understand that all tips must be earned by providing outstanding service to our clients and that the actual amount received is always up to the client.
We always prepare in advance to avoid unnecessary delays in arrival time. However, road, traffic and weather conditions are often times beyond the reasonable control of the company and the driver. No refunds can be given as a result of late arrivals due to such conditions or other occurrences out of the reasonable control of the company or chauffeur.
Client understands and accepts that Acts of God, unforeseen traffic, road conditions from severe weather and vehicle breaks down can delay travel. Every effort will be made to dispatch the contracted vehicle during these conditions and all attempts will be made to arrive at the designated pick up locations on time. In the event that there is a delay caused by an Act of God, unforeseen traffic, and road conditions from severe weather or vehicle breaks down resulting in any of the contracted vehicle(s) arriving late at any of the pick-up address(es), we will modify the drop off time to reflect the amount of time caused by the delay. You agree that this action will compensate you for the delay and there will be no further liability to us. Should we deem at any time, up until the hour of the service, that said conditions are too dangerous for our driver(s) and/or vehicle(s) then we will inform you of such and terminate the service. You will receive a full refund of any payments made to us by you (i.e. deposits, prepaid balance, etc.) within (2) weeks by company check.
Baggage and Other Property Transported
We cannot not assume responsibility for the handling or maintenance of any baggage or other property, nor for any property left in the company’s vehicles. We will do everything possible to secure and retrieve any belongings left in the vehicle. Please always check thoroughly prior to leaving the vehicle for all your personal belongings.
We reserve the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of or in possession of illegal drugs, as well as those excessively intoxicated, in the possession of firearms or dangerous substances of any kind, or the chauffeur feels threatened in any way. Client shall not interfere with the chauffeur in the discharge of his/her duty or tamper with any apparatus or appliance on the vehicle. In such instances, services will be terminated immediately, and no refunds will be offered.
Excess Cleaning and Damage
If, during or after the transportation service, the company is required to expend an extended amount of time and material to clean the vehicle due to acts of the client or any passenger (i.e., spilling food & drinks, vomiting, prohibited smoking, excessive trash), the company, at its discretion, will charge client additional fees to cover such expense. Customer will be liable for any damages caused to the interior or the exterior of the vehicle resulting from customer’s negligence and will be charged a minimum of $200.00 cleaning fee. Customer will be charged a minimum of $300.00 cleaning charge if the customer spills beverages inside the vehicle or stains the interior of the vehicle.
Smoking Strictly Prohibited
Smoking in all vehicles is strictly prohibited. Smoking in the vehicle by the client or any passenger will result in an automatic minimum $500 charge. Damage caused by the smoking activity will also be charged to the client
Complimentary Wait Policy
- 15- Minute Complimentary Wait on All Residential and Office Pick-Ups
- 30- Minute Complimentary Wait on All Domestic Arrivals From Gate Arrival Time
- 60- Minute Complimentary Wait on All International Arrivals From Gate Arrival Time
Pet and Service Animals
Animals may only be transported in a kennel or soft-sided pet container. In the event damage occurs to the vehicle, caused by the animal, a damage and/or cleaning fee of $250 will be charged. For passengers with disabilities traveling with a service animal, the animal does not require being transported in a kennel or soft-sided pet container.
In-Vehicle Complimentary WiFi
Many of our vehicles offer passengers complimentary In-Vehicle access to Wi-Fi. Any passengers who utilize the complimentary In-Vehicle Wi-Fi understands and agrees that there are significant security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in accessing or transmitting information through the Internet, whether the connection to the Internet is facilitated through wired or wireless technology. These security issues range from the interception of transmissions, loss of data, or the introduction of viruses or other programs that can damage your device or network. ACCORDINGLY, ALL PASSENGERS AGREE THAT TROPICAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES LLC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARENTS, OWNERS, INVESTORS, AND INSURERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERCEPTION OF TRANSMISSIONS, LOSS OF DATA, FILE CORRUPTION, HACKING OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR NETWORK THAT RESULTS FROM THE TRANSMISSION OR DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS THROUGH THE Wi-Fi SERVICE.
Tropical Transportation Services provides transportation based solely upon driver and vehicle availability and without regard to race, color, national origin, religious belief or affiliation, sex, disability, or age.
Tropical Transportation Services operates the gotropicalshuttle.com website, which provides the service.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information if anyone decided to use our service.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our service, we collect information that your browser sends to us which is called log data. This log data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our service;
- To provide the service on our behalf;
- To perform service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our service is used.
We want to inform our service users that these third parties have access to your personal information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
If reservations are canceled two weeks prior to the pick-up date and time of the scheduled service, there will be no charges of the remaining contract balance. The 20% non-refundable deposit is non-refundable.
If reservations are not canceled two weeks prior to the pick-up date and time of the scheduled service, there will be a full charge of the contract to the customer, no exceptions. If the bookings are made less than two weeks of the service date and time of the scheduled service, there will be no cancellations and the customer will be charged the full amount of the contract once the reservation is confirmed, no exceptions.
If a customer gives company notice of cancellation within two weeks of the service date, and 24 hours prior to scheduled services, the customer will only be charged 75% of the total contract fare.
If for any reason, the customer requires any item left on a vehicle to be shipped to them, the company will use the UPS store to process shipment. The customer will select the type of service (Next Day, 2 Day, 3 Day, Ground, US Mail, etc.) to be used. Customer will provide a credit card for packing and shipping charges, and a charge of $25 for administrative fees. Customer will be sent a copy of shipping /packing invoice and any associated tracking numbers if applicable via email.